Chewy marshmallows and plenty of chocolate chips transform plain peanut butter cookies into Flourless S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies. Skipping the flour leaves more room for flavor.
I first made Flourless S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies last year for Passover and they immediately became a year round family favorite. No one can resist the combination of flavors in this crunchy treat. Flourless S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies are a cookie my gluten free daughter and everyone else in the family can happily enjoy together. I use vegan marshmallows, making the cookies vegetarian friendly too. For those with peanut allergies (or those who don’t eat peanuts during Passover), just swap out the peanut butter for a different nut or seed butter, and your cookies are good to go. I’ve made delicious batches with almond butter and soy nut butter too.
Flourless S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies are super quick and easy to throw together. An electric mixer is not required, but does make combining the ingredients much easier. For portioning the dough, I find that the 2 tablespoon scoop size is best to ensure that each cookie contains marshmallows and lots of chocolate chips. Though the cookie dough barely spreads while baking, be sure to leave room on the baking sheet to press down each dough ball to form disc shapes.
Be careful not to overbake these cookies. Flourless S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies will still look wet on top even when they are finished baking. That look goes away and the cookies firm as they cool. You will be tempted to sneak a taste straight from the oven. Warm, the cookies will fall apart. I recommend waiting for the cookies to cool when you can enjoy each crunchy bite!
- 2 cups peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use Whole Foods 365 brand fair trade chocolate chips)
- ½ cup mini marshmallows (I use Dandies brand vegan/kosher/gluten free)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Use a medium (2 tablespoon) scoop to portion the dough onto the prepared baking sheet placing the dough balls about 2” apart.
- Press down on each dough ball with the palm of your hand to flatten into hockey puck shaped discs.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will still look moist on top but the bottom edges will begin to brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When completely cooled, store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
Looking for more Passover possibilities? Readers love these!