Mocha White Chocolate Biscotti are like a coffee shop drink order, but crunchy. The chocolate espresso dough is studded with white chocolate chunks, then dipped in dark chocolate and festively sprinkled.
These are the second biscotti recipe for The Monday Box week of Time Saver Recipes. All of the recipes this week are quick and easy, using cake mix or refrigerated cookie dough as a shortcut ingredient.
The previous biscotti recipe, for Cinnamon Chip Biscotti, uses cake mix. These biscotti uses a roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
Biscotti are Italian cookies that are twice baked for extra crunchiness. They were originally created as a dipping cookie, so the biscotti texture was very hard.
Mocha White Chocolate Biscotti are very crunchy, but they aren’t hard. They will hold up to dipping, but can be happily munched on with no dipping at all.
Are you a dipper? I have found that people are either dippers or non-dippers.
Dippers are inclined to dunk all kinds of baked goods into their beverage. Chocolate chip cookies get dipped in milk. Biscuits are dipped in tea. I have a friend who dips saltines in Diet Coke.
I, however, am a non-dipper. I don’t mind cookie crumbs on my plate, but I can’t stand cookie crumbs in my tea or coffee. Luckily, these biscotti are delicious regardless of your dipping preference.
These beautiful biscotti are an easy, stress-free solution to the holiday gift list, a welcome addition to any care package, and a delicious treat to enjoy with (or in) your beverage of choice!
Don’t miss the other Time Saver Recipes in this series. Chocolate Covered Cherry Bars, Cinnamon Chip Biscotti, Gingerbread Spice Cookies, and Butterscotch Blondie Bars are not to be missed! Check back tomorrow for the next Time Saver Recipe!
Mocha White Chocolate Biscotti (Time Saver Recipe)
- 1 16.5 ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, at room temperature for about 15 minutes
- 2 ½ teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder I used fair trade 365 brand from Whole Foods
- 3.5 ounces white chocolate chunks chunks I used a Green & Black’s fair trade white chocolate bar.
- 1 cup melting chocolate
- Nonpareil sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the espresso powder and vanilla
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, stir together the espresso powder and vanilla with a spoon.
- Add the cookie dough, flour, and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Mix in the white chocolate chunks.
- Divide the dough in half and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Form two 12” x 2” loaves, each about ¾” thick. Space the loaves at least 3” apart to allow for spreading while baking.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes until the dough is firm and springs back to the touch. Remove from the oven, but leave the oven on.
- Allow the loaves to cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Cut the loaves into ¾”- 1” thick slices. (If dough crumbles, allow it to cool longer.)
- Spread out the slices slightly on the baking sheet (standing up), and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on wire racks.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, return to the microwave for 10 second intervals at 50% power, stirring between heating intervals.
- Dip the end of the biscotti in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle on the nonpareils over a bowl.
- Place the completed biscotti on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.