Coconut Snowball Mug Cake is fluffy white cake, moist with coconut cream, and topped with melting marshmallow and shredded coconut. Unbelievably, this treat cooks in the microwave in just one minute.
About the recipe
My energetic Sheltie insists that we spend a couple of hours outside every day regardless of the weather. The winter cold temperatures are his favorite. He adores snow.
I own multiple layers of dog park clothes and boots just so that I can accompany Pax on his outdoor adventures. He enjoys frolicking in freezing temperatures, but not me. The cold weather makes me crave a cup of something hot every time I walk in the door.
What better to accompany that coffee/tea/chai/hot chocolate than an individual serving of cake? And even better if that sweet treat can be ready to enjoy in just one minute!
Like most of the microwave mug cake recipes on The Monday Box, this one starts with the “magic mix", combining one box of angel food mix and one box of white cake mix.
Cream of coconut and shredded coconut are added to the mix. Marshmallow cream topping looks like snow.
- Lightly coat the inside of a microwaveable mug with non-stick spray or use a disposable microwave safe paper cup.
- In the prepared cup, stir together 3 tablespoons of "magic mix" and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix in a tablespoon of shredded coconut and a tablespoon of coconut cream/syrup.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Immediately place 1-2 tablespoons of marshmallow cream on top and allow to sit a few minutes until melted. Sprinkle with a little coconut and a dash of colored sugar.
More microwave mug cake desserts
Molten Lava Mug Cake has chocolate cake with a melted chocolate center.
Pina Colada Mug Cake is a fluffy cake with coconut and pineapple.
Boston Cream Pie Mug Cake has everything you love in a Boston Cream Pie; soft cake, custard, and chocolate on top.
Orange Mug Cake is like a bite of sunshine! This citrus cake is topped with marmalade.
Pineapple Upside Down Mug Cake is an individual serving of cake with brown sugar syrup, pineapple, and marashino cherries.
Read tips and variations for 21 Microwave Mug Cake Recipes!
The ingredients for Coconut Snowball Mug Cake are shelf stable and make a great winter care package as well as a warming, instant treat.
Coconut Snowball Mug Cake
- 1 box Angel Food Cake mix
- 1 box white cake mix
- Non-stick spray if not using disposable cups
- 1 bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 bottle coconut cream or coconut syrup
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
- Blue decorating sugar
- In a gallon sized ziplock bag, combine the two boxes of cake mix. Shake the bag to mix thoroughly.
- Lightly coat the inside of a microwaveable mug with non-stick spray or use a disposable microwave safe paper cup. (Without the spray the cake will not transfer out of the mug and the mug is harder to clean.)
- Into the prepared mug, stir together 3 tablespoons of cake mix and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix in a tablespoon of coconut and a tablespoon of coconut cream/syrup.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Immediately place 1-2 tablespoons of marshmallow cream on top and allow to sit a few minutes until melted. Sprinkle with a little coconut and a dash of colored sugar. Then eat right out of the mug. If you want to transfer onto a plate, run a knife around the edge between the cake and the mug to loosen, dump out onto a plate, then add the marshmallow, coconut, and coconut colored sugar.
- There will be left over cake mix after making the cakes in this recipe. The "magic mix" makes enough for 24 mug cakes.
- Spray cans of non-stick spray can not be sent in care packages traveling by air. Use paper cups instead.