These Strawberry Blondies are bite sized. The chewy little treats are speckled with chocolate chips and are bursting with strawberry flavor. Like chocolate covered strawberries, but better.
Why you'll love this recipe
I baked Strawberry Blondies with Mother’s Day in mind. Sprinkled with confectioners sugar or topped with chocolate, these strawberry blondies studded with chocolate chips are packed with chocolate covered strawberry flavor.
They are like chocolate covered strawberries you can mail. Desert safe (heat resistant) recipe adaptations make this strawberry blondie recipe an excellent military care package surprise.
This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Melt white chocolate and shortening in the microwave.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, beat eggs until foamy, then mix in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter for each mini blondie into mini muffin pans coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to complete cooling on a wire rack.
- Once the blondie bites have cooled completely they can be sprinkled with powdered sugar or decorated with melted chocolate. To decorate with chocolate, melt the dark chocolate and spread onto each blondie. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until set and firm.
- Melt the white melting chocolate in the microwave. Add one drop of food coloring gel and mix until the chocolate is uniformly pink. Drizzle the pink chocolate onto the brownie bites.
Strawberry blondies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container between layers of wax paper for 2 weeks.
Frequently asked questions
This blondie recipe is chewy and not gooey. Too much moisture can cause baked goods to mold during shipping in care packages.
All baking times given in recipes are estimates. Baking times can vary due to differences in ovens and in baking pan size and material. If a toothpick inserted into the middle of a blondie comes out clean, the blondies are done.
Butter can be substituted for the shortening in this recipe, but is not recommended for hot weather shipping.
Make Strawberry Brownies from scratch with this easy recipe. Moist, fruity bars and no mixer required.
Strawberry Lemonade Bars are beautiful bars striped yellow and pink. Ideal for summer picnics or hot weather care packages.
Strawberry Lemonade Mug Cake packs lots of fruity flavor into an individual sized snack that cooks in the microwave in just one minute.
Homemade Raspberry Rally Cookies are a delicioius Girl Scout cookie copycat recipe! These crunchy, slice and bake raspberry cookies are coated in creamy chocolate.
Strawberry Blondies Recipe
- 8 ounces white chocolate broken into chunks
- ½ cup unsalted butter use vegetable shortening for hot weather care packages
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jello powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup melting chocolate
- ½ cup white melting chocolate
- 1 drop pink or red food coloring gel
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat 3 mini muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Place white chocolate and butter/shortening in medium sized microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave 1 minute at medium power. Stir. If not completely melted, return to microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring between heating, until completely melted and combined.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs until foamy (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in sugar, jello powder, vanilla, and melted white chocolate.
- Add flour and salt and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter for each mini muffin into prepared pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If mailing internationally, undercook by about 1 minute. (The extra moisture from undercooking will help keep the blondies soft while shipping.)
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan. Loosen the edges of the blondie bites with the tip of a knife if necessary, then remove from pan to complete cooling on a wire rack. If the blondies don’t hold together allow another few minutes of cooling. Do not let the blondies cool completely in the pan or they will stick.
- Once the blondie bites have cooled completely they can be sprinkled with powdered sugar or decorated with melted chocolate. To decorate with chocolate, melt the dark chocolate and, using a knife or spoon, spread onto each blondie bite. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until set and firm.
- Melt the white melting chocolate in the microwave at medium power for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Add one drop of food coloring gel and mix until the chocolate is uniformly pink.
- Drizzle the pink chocolate onto the brownie bites with a spoon or from a plastic bag with a tiny bit of a bottom corner cut off. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes again to set the chocolate drizzle.
- Blondies bites can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container between layers of wax paper for 2 weeks.
- Wrap pairs of blondie bites in a stack, in foil, then double wrap in plastic wrap before storing in an airtight container or zip lock bag.
- If mailing chocolate coated blondie bites in cool temperatures, wrap pairs of blondie bites in waxed paper before following the above packing directions.
First Published: April 29, 2014. Last Updated: February 22, 2023. Updated for additional information, and better reader experience.