Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers disappear (almost) magically as soon as they are set out! Coated in creamy white chocolate and sparkling with sprinkles, hearts, and stars, these dipped graham crackers are a party in every bite.
Monday Box readers are well aware of my obsession with sprinkles. So it should be no surprise that I pay rapt attention to sprinkle trends.
Though I admit that it’s odd that there even is such a thing as "sprinkle trends", spend any time on a visual social media, and you can't miss it. Galaxy sprinkles were the rage even before the upcoming solar eclipse. My Galaxy Brownies twinkle with celestial sparkle.
Unicorns and unicorn sprinkles are an even more ubiquitous decorating craze. The only surprise is that I haven't posted a cookie adorned with unicorn sprinkles sooner!
For those not fully conversant in sprinkle jargon, a definition of unicorn sprinkles is open to creative interpretation. Often, unicorn sprinkles are mostly pink, lavender, yellow, and aqua-blue.
Sometimes, the colors are a muted pastel and other times bright, almost neon, colors are used. The mix usually includes metallic stars, because what good is magic without stars?
I used only nonpareil sprinkles (plus hearts and stars) on these Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers, but jimmies, sparkling sugar, and pearls of various sizes are all welcome.
Homemade chocolate covered graham crackers are easy to make and so much more economical than buying ready-made. The fastest and easiest no-bake method uses packaged graham crackers, though making homemade grahams allows for an infinite choice of size and shape.
Choosing a delicious tasting chocolate makes a big difference. For chocolate flavor, candy melts won't do. I recommend using white chocolate that you would eat on its own.
This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- For 6-8 graham cracker squares, about 2 cups of melted white chocolate are required. Melt white chocolate discs in a shallow bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir then return to the microwave if not completely melted. Watch melting white chocolate carefully, as it burns easily.
- Use a fork underneath the cracker to dip in the melted white chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate, then place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- After dipping 6-8 grahams, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to set the chocolate. While the chocolate is setting, divide the remaining melted white chocolate into three small bowls. Color each with oil based candy coloring. (Do not use regular food coloring! The chocolate with seize and harden, and will be unusable.)
- When the coated grahams have set, remove from the refrigerator and re-melt the colored chocolate.
- Place a few random drops of each color onto a graham. Use a knife or offset spatula to gently swirl the colors to cover the top of the cracker. Sprinkle immediately.
Wrapped in a cellophane bag with a bit of ribbon, Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Graham Crackers stay fresh for at least 2 week. These chocolate dipped treats make such beautiful gifts.
More chocolate covered cookies
Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers are a gourmet treat that makes a delicious snack and a welcome gift.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies have been a favorite cookie for generations!
Hobnob Cookies are a British favorite full of toasty oat flavor.
Chocolate Mint Cookies are just like the Girl Scout cookies but homemade!
Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- 8 graham cracker squares
- 2 cups white chocolate melting discs or chopped white chocolate
- 3 colors oil based candy coloring I used pink, yellow, and green
- Pastel nonpareil sprinkles heart sprinkles, star sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet that fits in the refrigerator with wax paper.
- Melt the white chocolate in a shallow bowl in the microwave at 50% power for one minute. Stir . Return to the microwave , if needed, for 10 second intervals until completely melted. Watch melting white chocolate carefully, as it burns easily.
- Using a fork underneath a cracker, dip the graham in the melted white chocolate, gently tapping off excess chocolate.
- Place the dipped grahams on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is setting, divide the remaining melted white chocolate into three small bowls. Color each with oil based candy coloring. (Do not use regular food coloring! The chocolate with seize and harden, and will be unusable.)
- When the coated grahams have set, remove from the refrigerator.
- Re-melt the colored chocolate in the microwave at 50% power for about 10 seconds.
- Place a few random drops of each color onto a graham. Use a knife or offset spatula to gently swirl the colors to cover the top of the cracker. Add sprinkles immediately.
- When all of the graham crackers have been decorated, return the baking sheet to the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to firm.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. For longer freshness package each graham cracker individually in cellophane cookie bags.
- Never ship chocolate coated items in hot weather.
- Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers look pretty and stay fresh longest if wrapped individually or in pairs with the bottoms together. Wrap in plastic wrap or in cellophane cookie bags.
- To ship, stack the wrapped cookies in an airtight storage container or in a freezer weight ziplock bag.
First Published: August 13, 2017. Last Updated: December 23, 2021. Updated for better reader experience.