It’s no secret that I love using sugar and sprinkles to add eye appeal to cookies and bars. The little bit of extra sparkle or color transforms baked goods from everyday to extra special. Extra special is what home-baked love is all about. I own quite a collection of sprinkle shapes and an entire rainbow of colored sugars. That doesn’t stop me from picking up a few more jars when I see something new. You never know when inspiration will strike!
Perhaps some of these sprinkley cookie recipes will encourage you to embellish your next batch!
- Time saving Slice-and-Bake Chubbies , vanilla or chocolate versions, take all the work out of decorating. The dough logs have sprinkles on the edges and in the dough for eye catching cookies right out of the oven! The Monday Box
- Icing and sprinkles transform packaged graham crackers into ocean scenes! Pack the ingredients in a care package and let the recipients create their own Underwater Snack! Crystal and Comp.
- These Honey Graham Bears taste like graham crackers. Their bear paws hold a whole lot of love, thanks to heart shaped sprinkles! The Monday Box
- Chocolate, peanut butter, and no-bake. What more could you want? Sprinkles! Sprinkles add festive color to these super easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies ! 3 Boys and a Dog
- Melted Ice Cream Cookies are dense, but tender, balls of slightly sweet cookie, mildly flavored by the ice cream and chips of your choice. With a red candy “cherry” and sprinkles, these cookies look like they belong in an ice cream sundae dish! The Monday Box
SUGAR COOKIES WITH ICING AND SPRINKLES
- Funfetti Birthday Sugar Cookies have sprinkles baked right into the dough. When homemade butter cream or canned frosting is spread between two cookies, a sandwich cookie worthy of a birthday celebration is the result! The Monday Box
- These chewy Vanilla Unicorn Sugar Cookie Bars have multi-colored swirls of “unicorn” icing, topped with gazillion bits of “unicorn” sprinkles. Without icing and sprinkles where would the magic be?! Inside Bru Crew Life
- Peace-filled Lavender Lemon Sugar Cookies get extra crunch and a burst of color from their decorating sugar coating! The Monday Box
- The perfect example how sprinkles can transform a cookie from simple to stunning. Luster dust and sugar pearl sprinkles turn Faberge Egg Sugar Cookies into a work of art! Sugar Hero
- There wouldn’t be fireworks without sparkle. Sparkling sugar adds pyrotechnic pop to these swirls of colorful Fireworks Sugar Cookies! The Monday Box
- Want a quick, easy way to bake sugar cookies? Turn the cookie dough into a cookie cake. Pastel icing and sprinkles makes this Easter Sugar Cookie Cake a spring time standout! Crazy For Crust
- There’s nothing like sprinkles to get the party started! Celebration Sprinkle Cookies have a personalized greeting on top and chocolate plus sprinkles on the bottom. A special cookie for any occasion! The Monday Box
ITALIAN COOKIES WITH SPRINKLES
- Italian Easter Cookies (Taralli) are firm rather than crunchy, with a lightly sweet vanilla dough encased in crisp citrus icing. A quick sprinkling of pastel hued nonpareils makes these Italian cookies pretty as a picture! The Monday Box
- Italian Fig Cookies (Cucidati) are like buttery little fig newtons, drizzed with lemon glaze and enlivened with sprinkles. Moist, tender, and sweet! Saving Room for Dessert
- Soft Italian Chocolate Cookies is a simple name for special, soft, cake-like cookie, with mini chocolate chips or chocolate raisins inside, topped with crisp vanilla icing. Golden sugar adds glittery flair! The Monday Box
- Italian-American Butter Cookies are the butter cookie stacked in every Italian bakery showcase. Dipped in chocolate, sprinkled with color, and delightful with coffee or tea! Playing with Flour
- Commonly called Italian Lemon Cookies, this moist, cakey cookie has a lemon zing! This version coats the cookie in sparkling yellow sugar. They look like little bites of sunshine! The Monday Box
- Funfetti Cake Batter Wedding Cookies are Italian wedding cookies with funfetti sprinkles baked in, for a rainbow in every bite! Crazy for Crust
BUTTER COOKIES WITH SPRINKLES
- Rose Bud Butter Cookies are made with a buttery dough that is almost like pastry. Make a few folds, add colorful sugar and sprinkles, and you have a delicious bouquet! The Monday Box
- The nonpareils are what make these Valentine Shortbread Cookies get everyone’s attention. Any seasonal color combination will have the same effect. These gems are sure to disappear quickly! The Cafe Sucre Farine
- Bosnian Butter Cookies (Šape) are light, buttery cookies with a delicate lemon flavor. Coating the cookies in sparkling sugar adds a little sweetness and a lot of pizazz!
- These melt-in-your-mouth Spritz Butter Cookies are made with a cookie press. Sparkling sugar and sprinkles add color and bling! Saving Room for Dessert
- A squiggle of buttery dough from a pastry bag or cookie press turns into Butter Cookie Dragons for Chinese New Year, with the addition of red and gold nonpareils and fierce sprinkle eyes! The Monday Box
- Cultured Butter Cookies are crumbly, crisp, and even more buttery than a traditional butter cookie. Cultured butter makes all the difference in flavor. A roll in sparkling sugar makes all the difference in bling appeal! Salt and Serenity
I hope this delicious collection of sprinkle adorned cookies will inspire your inner sprinkle artist. Share some sparkling cookies and you are sure to see lots of smiles!