Sprinkles and sugar add a bit of extra sparkle or color that transforms baked goods from everyday to extra special. Extra special is what home-baked love is all about.
Cookies with sugar or sprinkles
- Time saving Slice-and-Bake Chubbies , vanilla or chocolate versions, take all the work out of decorating. The dough logs have sprinkles on the edges and in the dough for eye catching cookies right out of the oven!
- Sprinkle Cookies are big, crunchy cookies covered in rainbow nonpareil sprinkles. Change the sprinkle colors for any holiday!
- These Honey Graham Bears taste like graham crackers. Their bear paws hold a whole lot of love, thanks to heart shaped sprinkles!
- Apple and Honey Cookies are a chewy apple butter cookie topped with creamy honey icing and festive decorating sugar.
- Melted Ice Cream Cookies are dense, but tender, balls of slightly sweet cookie, mildly flavored by the ice cream and chips of your choice. With a red candy “cherry” and sprinkles, these cookies look like they belong in an ice cream sundae dish!
- Peace-filled Lavender Lemon Sugar Cookies get extra crunch and a burst of color from their decorating sugar coating!
- There wouldn’t be fireworks without sparkle. Sparkling sugar adds pyrotechnic pop to these swirls of colorful Fireworks Sugar Cookies!
- Orange Cookies are pillows of soft, fluffy orange cookie coated in crunchy sugar.
Cookies with icing and sprinkles
- Funfetti Birthday Sugar Cookies have sprinkles baked right into the dough. When homemade butter cream or canned frosting is spread between two cookies, a sandwich cookie worthy of a birthday celebration is the result!
- Homemade Graham Crackers Sandwich Cookies have shapes cut out of the top cookie that's filled with sprinkles.
- Iced Sugar Cookie Hearts are bite sized butter cookies baked in a mold, then covered in pink shimmering icing.
- There’s nothing like sprinkles to get the party started! Celebration Sprinkle Cookies have a personalized greeting on top and chocolate plus sprinkles on the bottom. A special cookie for any occasion!
- Pabassinas are Mexican raisin nut cookies coated in citrus icing.
ITALIAN COOKIES WITH SPRINKLES
- Italian Easter Cookies (Taralli) are firm rather than crunchy, with a lightly sweet vanilla dough encased in crisp citrus icing. A quick sdusting with pastel hued nonpareils makes these Italian cookies pretty as a picture!
- Soft Italian Chocolate Cookies is a simple name for special, soft, cake-like cookie, with mini chocolate chips or chocolate raisins inside, topped with crisp vanilla icing. Golden sugar adds glittery flair!
- Commonly called Italian Lemon Cookies, this moist, cakey cookie has a lemon zing! This version coats the cookie in sparkling yellow sugar. They look like little bites of sunshine!
- Italian Butter Cookies are Italian bakery favorites. The cookies are piped into shapes, dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with nonpareils.
BUTTER COOKIES WITH SPRINKLES
- Rose Bud Butter Cookies are made with a buttery dough that is almost like pastry. Make a few folds, add colorful sugar and sprinkles, and you have a delicious bouquet!
- Jam Butter Cookies are cutout cookies flavored with fruity jam and sparkling with sugar on top.
- Bosnian Butter Cookies (Šape) are light, buttery cookies with a delicate lemon flavor. Coating the cookies in sparkling sugar adds a little sweetness and a lot of pizazz!
- A squiggle of buttery dough from a pastry bag or cookie press turns into Butter Cookie Dragons for Chinese New Year, with the addition of red and gold nonpareils and fierce candy eyes!
- Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies can be coated in nonpareil colors of your choice. Perfect for holidays and sporting events.
I hope this delicious collection of sprinkle adorned cookies will inspire your inner sprinkle artist. Share some sparkling cookies and you are sure to see lots of smiles!
What a great round up of cookies. Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party this week.
The Monday Box
Thanks, Charlene! Sprinkles make me smile. 🙂
I just pinned your awesome collection, can't wait to try some of these! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
Sprinkles! My kids get excited by just hearing the word, I'm sure they would go crazy to try these. Great collection. Pinned!
The Monday Box
Thanks, Julie! Your kids and I are all on the same "sprinkle wavelength"! Sprinkles are simply exciting ! 😉 Thanks for pinning!
April J Harris
What a wonderful post, Wendy! I adore sprinkles too - there's just something happy about them! Scheduled to pin, and I do thank you so much for sharing this post with Hearth and Soul!
The Monday Box
Thank you, April! I think you said it perfectly. There IS something happy about sprinkles and there can never be enough happiness in the world! 🙂
What a nice collection. Everything looks so colorful and sparkly 🙂
The Monday Box
Thanks, Cristina! Sprinkles add bling to life! 🙂
My daughter loves anything with sprinkles! Pinning for her!
The Monday Box
Thanks, Roseann! Your daughter is sure to find something here to adore! 🙂
What a great roundup of sprinkle love. This is just what the world needs right now. Thanks for including my cookies in this list.
Sprinkles make the world go around! 🙂 There's just something about them that makes me happy - I can't help but smile no matter my mood. I want to try all of these! Thanks a lot for including my sprinkle cookies!
My little guy would love to come play in your sprinkle cabinet! His favorite part of making a treat is adding the sprinkles (or possibly getting to pick which sprinkles are going to use!)
Tricia @ Saving room for dessert
I've always thought you do amazing things with sprinkles! Thanks for including my one sprinkle cookie in your round up 🙂 Obviously I need to post more sprinkle cookies because these all look amazing 🙂 Have a terrific week.
Liz @ Project Pastry Love
Wendy, it's been a rough day, but reading and seeing the photos on your post makes me happy. That's the power of sprinkles. I'm intrigued by that No-Bake Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie... yummy!!