Peanut cookies come in a wide variety of textures; chewy, crispy, melt in the mouth. Peanut flavor is delicious on its own, but pairing peanut butter with chocolate, toffee, or banana creates a cookie masterpiece!
Peanut butter has been a foodie trend for more than 1000 years! There is historical evidence of peanut paste being used by the Incas in 950 B.C.E. In North America, George Washington Carver and John Harvey Kellogg are both credited with studying and developing peanut butter in the 1890’s.
However, peanut butter didn’t become an American household staple until Dr. Ambrose Straub of St. Louis, Missouri, patented a peanut-butter-making machine and introduced peanut butter to the public at the 1904 Worlds Fair in St. Louis. Peanut cookies were an obvious application for this new flavor sensation!
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, the ultimate sandwich cookies for peanut lovers, are crisp, crunchy cookies full of chopped peanuts with a sweet creamy filling. Saving Room for Dessert
- Naturally gluten-free Marathon Cookies are a chewy oats and peanut butter treat, packed with dark chocolate, peanuts, and dried fruit. Marathon cookies are good to eat before a long run, after a long run, or while standing along a race route, waiting to cheer as your runner passes by. The Monday Box
- Salty and Sweet Peanut Butter Cookies are a melt in the mouth experience! These cookies are crunchy on the outside and crumbly in the middle, with a sea salt and sanding sugar topping for perfect sweet-salty deliciousness. Salt and Serenity
- Honey-Roasted Peanut Cookies stand out with distinctly honey-roasted flavor. Crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle, these addicting cookies are a great care package choice. The Monday Box
- Flourless Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies are a recipe for cookie happiness. Combine oats, honey roasted peanuts, sliced almonds, raisins and chocolate chips. Sweeten with maple syrup. Devour! Cook Nourish Bliss
- Toffee Peanut Cookies are crunchy peanut butter cookies coated in bits of chopped peanuts and toffee. These gourmet peanut cookies are dressed up and party ready! The Monday Box
- Ovenly’s Peanut Butter Cookies with Grated Chocolate are ice cream scoop mounds of fudgy, moist cookie. Intense peanut butter flavor with a hint of chocolate. Peanut butter cups in cookie form! Playing with Flour
- Snickers Biscotti are crunchy, deeply chocolate cookies, packed with chocolate chips, peanuts, and caramel bits. Iced with caramel, drizzled with chocolate, and sprinkled with more peanuts. Amazing. The Monday Box
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies pack all of your favorite flavors into one amazing cookie! Soft and chocolatey in the centers and crisp on the edges. Plan on eating more than one! The Café Sucre Farine
- Soft and chewy, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are addictively delicious. Every bite is soft, chewy and full of peanut butter cup flavor! The Monday Box
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic in the Middles are chocolate cookies with peanut butter filling magically baked into the middles! Sugar coated crunch on the outside and chewy, soft peanut butter inside. Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
- No-Bake Avalanche Cookies are creamy, fudgy, crunchy, peanut buttery treat with just the right touch of chocolate. This simple make-at-home copycat recipe has just 5 ingredients! The Slow Roasted Italian
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies are super simple and ready in a snap. This family recipe has the perfect flavor balance of peanut butter and chocolate and an irresistible chewiness. Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Think Rice Krispie crunch with warm butterscotch and creamy peanut butter flavor. Think quick and easy recipe. Think No-Bake Peanut Butter Butterscotch Crisp Cookies. Brown Eyed Baker
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies have everyone’s favorite peanut butter combinations together in one deliciously chewy, no-bake cookie. This one is a care package favorite! The Monday Box
CHINESE NEW YEAR COOKIES
- Chinese New Year Peanut Cookies (花生饼) are a traditional Chinese New Year treat. Each melting, crunchy, toasty bite is cause for celebration! The Monday Box
- These Chinese Peanut Butter Cookies won’t fall apart when you hold them in your hands, but once you put one in your mouth, it will crumble and melt away. Rich, peanut-y and delicious! Foodie Baker
- An Indonesian version of traditional Chinese Peanut Cookies, updated using butter and lots of roasted peanuts. Peanut lovers will want to eat this cookies year round! Daily Cooking Quest
- Peanut Cookies are a Chinese New Year treat in Malaysia, too. A peanut cookie adored in so many countries has to be good! Rasamalaysia
- Ground peanuts, cooking oil, and butter enrich the dough of these Cookies for the Lunar New Year. Confectioners’ sugar creates a crumbly texture. Food 52
Don’t bother trying to resist these cookies. Pick a few, bake a few, and share a few today.
NOTE FOR THOSE WITH PEANUT ALLERGIES: I was allergic to peanuts as a child, so I truly empathize with families dealing with peanut allergies. Luckily, today there are many peanut butter substitutes that are not only great on traditional sandwiches, but are ideal for replacing peanut butter in recipes. Soy nut butter, tree nut butters, and seed butters are all delicious alternatives to the peanut butter indicated in these irresistible recipes.