Peanut cookies come in a wide variety of textures; chewy, crispy, melt in the mouth. Peanut flavor is delicious on its own, but pairing it with chocolate, toffee, or banana creates a cookie masterpiece!
Peanut butter has been a foodie trend for more than 1000 years! There is historical evidence of peanut paste being used by the Incas in 950 B.C.E. In North America, George Washington Carver and John Harvey Kellogg are both credited with studying and developing this culinary delight in the 1890’s.
However, it didn’t become an American household staple until Dr. Ambrose Straub of St. Louis, Missouri, patented a peanut-butter-making machine and introduced it to the public at the 1904 Worlds Fair in St. Louis. Cookies were an obvious application for this new flavor sensation!
- Butterscotch Peanut Bars are a sweet, chewy cookie bar with a buttery cookie base topped with salted peanuts coated in butterscotch.
- Naturally gluten-free Marathon Cookies are a chewy oats treat, packed with dark chocolate, peanuts, and dried fruit. Marathon cookies are good to eat before a long run, after a long run, or while standing along a race route, waiting to cheer as your runner passes by.
- Transform plain peanut butter cookies into S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies with chewy marshmallows and lots of chocolate chips. A flourless, naturally gluten free treat!
- Honey-Roasted Peanut Cookies stand out with distinctly honey-roasted flavor. Crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle, these addicting cookies are a great care package choice.
- All the flavor of your favorite childhood sandwich packed into these thick, chewy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies.
- Toffee Peanut Cookies are crunchy cookies coated in bits of chopped peanuts and toffee. These gourmet cookies are dressed up and party ready!
Chocolate peanut butter cookies
- Snickers Biscotti are crunchy, deeply chocolate cookies, packed with chocolate chips and caramel bits. Iced with caramel, drizzled with chocolate, and sprinkled with more peanuts. Amazing.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies pack all of your favorite flavors into one amazing cookie! Soft and chocolatey in the centers and crisp on the edges. Plan on eating more than one!
- Soft and chewy, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are addictively delicious. Every bite is soft, chewy and full of peanut butter cup flavor!
- Chocolate and peanut butter are swirled into this beautiful, crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti. A show stopper cookie that makes a great gift.
- These homemade Granola Bars combine peanut butter, chocolate, oats, and peanuts for a treat that satisfies hunger and sweet tooth cravings.
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies are super simple and ready in a snap. This family recipe has the perfect flavor balance of peanut butter and chocolate with cereal crunch.
- Rice Krispie crunch with creamy peanut butter flavor are what make this quick and easy recipe for Krispie Bars delicious!
- No-Bake Chocolate Banana Cookies have everyone’s favorite flavor combinations together in one deliciously chewy, no-bake cookie. This one is a care package favorite!
Lunar New Year cookies
- Chinese New Year Peanut Cookies (花生饼) are a traditional Chinese New Year treat. Each melting, crunchy, toasty bite is cause for celebration!
- These Chinese Peanut Butter Cookies won’t fall apart when you hold them in your hands, but once you put one in your mouth, it will crumble and melt away. Rich, peanut-y and delicious!
- An Indonesian version of traditional Chinese Peanut Cookies, updated using butter and lots of roasted peanuts. Peanut lovers will want to eat this cookies year round!
- Malaysian Peanut Cookies are a Chinese New Year treat in Malaysia, too. A peanut cookie adored in so many countries has to be good!
Don’t bother trying to resist these cookies. Pick a few, bake a few, and share a few today.
NOTE FOR THOSE WITH PEANUT ALLERGIES: I was allergic to peanuts as a child, so I truly empathize with families dealing with peanut allergies. Luckily, today there are many peanut butter substitutes that are not only great on traditional sandwiches, but are ideal for replacing peanut butter in recipes. Soy nut butter, tree nut butters, and seed butters are all delicious alternatives to the peanut butter indicated in these irresistible recipes.